Wednesday

Ya No Soy Yo

Yo
ya no soy yo

Yo soy
un fantasma en el viento
una sombra sobre el mar

Yo soy
que
nunca hace
nada

Yo no soy la chica
que crees que sabes

Por lo menos
no soy el mismo yo
interior
I
am no longer me

I am
a ghost on the wind
a shadow on the sea

I am
that
which never makes
anything

I'm not the girl
you think you know

At least
I am not the same
inside
~~~~~~~

“Yo, ya no soy yo. Por lo menos no soy el mismo yo interior.”
~ Diarios de Motocicleta
I am no longer me. At least I am not the same inside.
~ The Motorcycle Diaries
for Typescript ~ Wednesday Writing Challenge: Movie Quotes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you took this quote and created poetry in both Spanish and English -- it's works; it's beautiful in both languages. And the quote itself is so sad, I think the way you set the lines adds to that as well. Great job!