Okay, this is impossible to answer as I HATE, I mean REALLY HATE, the entire concept of reality television. If you are going to force me to choose one, I suppose I'd choose a singing show like American Idol, but I'm not even remotely interested. Seriously, television producers have sunk to a new low with reality television. I mean... come on... Where is the artistry of plot, theme, characterization? I watch television to escape reality, not watch someone else's "feigned reality." I want a well-written story and some ideas to think about. That's what entertainment should be.
I think I have to say my children. I know this is a pretty standard answer for parents, but I truly see both of them as miracles. I'm constantly amazed by the things they teach me on a regular basis, and I'm proud of both of them and the beautiful people they are becoming more and more everyday.
Not much... LOL. I think the fact that it's mine. And the fact that obviously people live here. My home is cluttered chaos most of the time, but there is love here and creativity -- evidence of my family and life everywhere -- and I wouldn't trade that for the cleanest house in the world.
I hope to be more settled in who I am as a person. This doesn't mean that I hope to have all the answers; I hope I never stop questioning, but I hope to be more at peace and more confident with myself.
Really, everything. Writing is how I process the world around me. I've written poetry for people, objects, places, and ideas. I've written for real life and imaginary worlds. Mostly, though, people (and their ideas and our relationships) inspire me. Good conversations over coffee or wine usually yield poetry the next day. We'll talk, my brain will start churning, I'll think about the ideas or concepts or the relationship itself, and things will just come out on paper.
For me... good writing is the stuff that comes out on its own. The stuff that I don't think as much about. I put pen to paper (or fingers to keys more often) and just start writing. There will be editing and revisions, but the raw material writes itself most of the time.
- Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
- I will pick FIVE questions to send to you by email for you to answer.
- You will update your blog (or FB note) with the answers to the questions.
- You will include this explanation & offer to interview someone else in the same post.
- When others comment asking to be interviewed, you choose five questions for them to answer.
- God made you IN HIS IMAGE; you are BEAUTIFUL because of that.
- You are a child of the KING OF THE UNIVERSE; you are ROYALTY because of that.
- Jesus Christ calls you his FRIEND, FAMILY, and LOVER; you are PRECIOUS because of that.
- God is LOVE; You are LOVED because of that.
- Jesus came to bring ABUNDANT LIFE; You are ALIVE and FREE because of that.
- Physically ~ My baby girl is fighting a fever which means none of us are sleeping well, again...
- Emotionally ~ I'm dealing with a lot of internal stuff lately and how I feel about myself and the world around me. This is taxing, feeling like I'm always going back and forth on everything.
- Mentally ~ I've been reading from a lot of sources and talking to a lot of people. My mind is full of ideas and it's hard to sort them all out.
- Spiritually ~ A lot of what I'm focusing on lately is a complete overhaul of everything I ever thought I knew or understood about God and the created world.
May the God of Love and Grace shower her passion on you today and everyday, that you may live in the fullness and understanding of being made in the image of the Great Romancer.Happy Valentine's Day!
Tired and worn
from history’s abuse
More often than not
in the way
From far away
that it’s come to be
With every move,
sheds random parts
From slipping minds,
but not from hearts
It stands a memorial,
Although it’s decrepit
and falling apart
becomes something of
Keeping his stories
and from war
of the man with love
- I know who my friends are. They're not always who I expect them to be. And I don't always see them immediately, but they are there, and I know they care. They've got my back and I know that when it comes down to it, there are at least a dozen people who'd fight or die for me if necessary... maybe more.
- I know who my love is. I'm not always the most reliable person in his life, despite the fact that I should be. But he's there -- always. And tonight he gave me a particularly magnificent gift as well.
The beauty of youth
exceeding mere truth
You stand in silent expression
The stains in your eyes
from tearing goodbyes
More painful than sullen repression
Your innocence lost
from timeless exhaust
You’re elegant innocence bleeds
Your smile is dark
but true beauty is art
The passionate princess still pleads
Look deep in your soul
and find treasure untold
Infinite mystery I see
You seek to find ending
from troubles unbending
But there’s so much more you could be