Wednesday

Interview Time

A dear friend, Becky, was interviewed on her blog by a mutual friend, and issued a challenge to interview others.  Me, being the sucker that I am... agreed! :)  So here goes:

1. If you had to be on any reality tv show, which one would it be and why?
Okay, this is impossible to answer as I HATE, I mean REALLY HATE, the entire concept of reality television.  If you are going to force me to choose one, I suppose I'd choose a singing show like American Idol, but I'm not even remotely interested.  Seriously, television producers have sunk to a new low with reality television.  I mean... come on... Where is the artistry of plot, theme, characterization?  I watch television to escape reality, not watch someone else's "feigned reality."  I want a well-written story and some ideas to think about.  That's what entertainment should be.

2. What is your proudest moment (so far)?
I think I have to say my children.  I know this is a pretty standard answer for parents, but I truly see both of them as miracles.  I'm constantly amazed by the things they teach me on a regular basis, and I'm proud of both of them and the beautiful people they are becoming more and more everyday.

3. What is your favorite thing about your home?
Not much... LOL.  I think the fact that it's mine.  And the fact that obviously people live here.  My home is cluttered chaos most of the time, but there is love here and creativity -- evidence of my family and life everywhere --  and I wouldn't trade that for the cleanest house in the world.

4. What do you hope will be different in five years time?
I hope to be more settled in who I am as a person.  This doesn't mean that I hope to have all the answers; I hope I never stop questioning, but I hope to be more at peace and more confident with myself.

5. In general, what inspires you to write the most?
Really, everything.  Writing is how I process the world around me.  I've written poetry for people, objects, places, and ideas.  I've written for real life and imaginary worlds.  Mostly, though, people (and their ideas and our relationships) inspire me.  Good conversations over coffee or wine usually yield poetry the next day.  We'll talk, my brain will start churning,  I'll think about the ideas or concepts or the relationship itself, and things will just come out on paper.  
For me... good writing is the stuff that comes out on its own.  The stuff that I don't think as much about.  I put pen to paper (or fingers to keys more often) and just start writing.  There will be editing and revisions, but the raw material writes itself most of the time.


Now if anyone is into this and wants to be interviewed, let me know:
  1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
  2. I will pick FIVE questions to send to you by email for you to answer.
  3. You will update your blog (or FB note) with the answers to the questions.
  4. You will include this explanation & offer to interview someone else in the same post.
  5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you choose five questions for them to answer.

2 comments:

ami said...

I'll play... lay 'em on me.

Vicky B said...

Nice. :)

If you really want a victim, I'm willing. Sort of. :)